Code of Conduct
We at ScribblittTM (“We”) want you to be inspired to write, illustrate, share and have fun in a safe atmosphere of respect. In order to do this, We have devised a special Code of Conduct (the “Code”) that everyone shall follow on the ScribblittTM Website (the “Website”). If you break the Code, your account and your access to the Website in general may be suspended temporarily or banned permanently.
ScribblittTM Code of Conduct
1. Be Safe: Stay Anonymous
- Never use your real name when you register or when you write and never reveal things about yourself (like your address or telephone number, your school, any personal credit card or ID numbers, or your photo) that would help others locate or contact you in real life. Instead, make up something new and creative that will keep you anonymous!
2. Never Tell Your Password To Anyone
- When you register for the Website, you will create a Password, and you’ll enter it each time you log on to the Website. Keeping your Password a secret will help protect your ideas and your information against theft or misuse.
- You should only use your own User Name and Password to sign onto the Website. Don’t try to use or guess anyone else’s User Name and Password when signing onto the Website.
3. Respect Others’ Privacy and Ideas
- Protect your friends – don’t share personal information about another person.
- Also, you should never share your friends’ ideas with anyone—keep them confidential.
4. Keep It Clean
- All content, communication, and behavior on the Website should be courteous. This means no vulgar or profane language or expletives, no sexual content, and no depictions of sex or violence or any other objectionable information or images that are inappropriate or could make others feel offended or uncomfortable.
- We will not tolerate any language, images or actions which are intended to degrade, demean, intimidate, hurt, or incite violence or prejudicial action against anyone based on their race, gender, age, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic class, occupation or appearance anywhere on the Website.
5. No Bullying or Harassing
- You should never communicate or behave in a cruel, offensive, intimidating, hurtful or threatening way toward another person anywhere on the Website.
6. Copyright and Other Intellectual Property
- You should not upload to any part of the Website any content that contains copyrighted material or any other intellectual property of anyone else, including, but not limited to text, drawings, or images.
7. Don’t Abuse the Website
- Misuse of the Website, or the services made available through the Website, with the intent to interrupt, damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website, or “flood” servers with requests will not be tolerated.
What Will Happen If You Violate The Code?
- If you use the Website to participate in anything illegal, your account will be closed immediately.
- If your account is permanently closed, the Website, including any content or information posted to the Website, will be unavailable to you, and you will be disqualified from any contests you have entered.
- We reserve the right to edit or remove any content or information posted to the Website for any reason in our sole discretion.
How Will We Know About These Offenses?
- We reserve the right, but do not have an obligation, to monitor the Website traffic, logs, communication and other content from time to time, to make sure people are being friendly and safe and are following the Code. But, because we may or may not constantly monitor all areas of the Website, you should always “report” any misuse or inappropriate behavior you see to us.
- It is your responsibility to stop sharing your ideas or otherwise communicating with anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable or who is violating the Code.
Thanks – and have fun!!!